-Mommy is playing with her new iPhone
-Daddy is playing with his new iPad
-Baby is playing with her new iPacifier (just kidding it’s just a regular pacifier, and it’s not even new just a different type than she is used to. I found it in her closet and I wondered what she would make of it. She keeps sticking it in her mouth, making a disgusted/ confused face, pulling it out and staring at it and then sticking it back in)
This day last year I was 11 weeks pregnant! This was my first bump (bloat) photo!
When I was a nanny in Australia.
We were pretending to be the Von Trapps in matching outfits. I can’t believe I got this photo in one take on the self timer: SUCH good kids!
4 years ago but I look 12.
Bad mood solution: hair, makeup, selfies and now I’m going shopping!
Turning one is exhausting y’all! Happy first birthday little man!
One year ago today. This awesome little guy turned two today. The day I met him he was the same age my daughter is right now- 10 weeks. I spent nearly 50 hours a week with him for the next year and a half as his nanny. He was the first infant I ever cared for on that level. Now I miss him terribly and can’t wait to see him at his party on Saturday! He grew up so fast!
I really appreciate the opportunity I had with him because it made me so much more prepared to be a mother. When I would talk to people about life as a nanny they would always say “it’s so much different when you have your own kids.” Quite honestly, it isn’t that different to me. I said I loved him like he was my own and I did. He’ll always be my first baby.
So here I am. 40 weeks and 3 days and still pregnant. I have almost no signs of labour no matter what I do and believe me I’ve tried everything! The picture on the left is 39 weeks, 1day and the right is today. Even though it feels to me like baby is loooow, it doesn’t even look like my belly has dropped!
I always kind of knew I would go ‘past due.’ I swore I’d stay calm and I’d never be the girl who “cried labour” so to speak. For the most part I’ve stayed true to that. Waiting is hard and every twinge and cramp makes me wonder if this is it. I am pretty relaxed about it though. I just really wish baby would come before induction day, which is now less than a week away. I mostly feel bored, everything and everyone is just waiting for you little one!
Ice storm. No power.
And I’m pretty sure my sciatic nerve is pinched/ inflamed.
Today fucking sucks.
- I don’t know why I say things like “I’ll do this survey every week, I’m never going to be a blogger
- New symptoms this week: pain in my tailbone and kneecap, though I doubt the latter is pregnancy related. Otherwise I’m feeling better than I have so far this pregnancy. The third trimester is definitely my favourite
- Craving: chocolate milk (the only thing that helps with the heartburn)
- Food aversions: lots of things but most notably pizza, because it gives me heartburn from hell
- Sleep: better than most women this far along I think. I only get up to pee in the night about once a week. I have had a bad leg cramp once in the past month or so. I wake briefly in the night to roll over and that’s about it. I get between 8 and 10 solid hours most nights.
Looking forward to: midwife appointment tomorrow finally (it’s been rescheduled twice, once on my end and once on hers) I am dying to know if this baby is still breech (I think they are) and what that will mean for my home birth dreams if they are
Other things: we celebrated Christmas with my parents and brother yesterday. I feel super blessed by all the gifts for baby, including the perfect car seat/ travel system!
Ready for Christmas!